Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

From Pity to Power ...

I could write a million books about uncertainty and disenfranchisement. I could tell tales of doubt and internal agony. But what does that accomplish, really, at the end of the day? Where does that leave me, and the people who read and witness these sorry chronicles?

And is it not my due to my world to not encumber it with more sad tales of woebeme recollections, and tell stories of triumph, growth, development, and advancement? Isn't it always time for a raise and a rise??

No one speaks for me. I speak for myself. And I WILL tell a better story!

2 comments:

robbizle7 said...

It might be that I am naturally attracted to voices that tell the story in the way that connects with me. Whenever I read your blog, especially a post like this one, I feel like you have taken a peek into my soul. Its almost scary.

Press on writing a story of hope and inspiration. You can be sure at least one other human appreciates it.

ruthibel said...

Wow. That appreciation is well appreciated :)