Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Customer Service: you know what that means, right?

Jamaica is (well, was, up till recently) graced with three major phone services: LIME (formerly Cable & Wireless), Digicel (from Mossels), and Claro (from America Movil). Well, I have all three services (nah, that's not cause I'm rich - it's cause they're all so bad, you need all three to have something that even slightly resembles decent service).

So recently I had a run-in with a Claro customer service rep (CSR).
Rb: Hello. I'm trying to put this credit on my phone, and I keep getting an error message that the PIN number is invalid. I just bought the card, so that can't be right.
CSR: Ok. Before we begin, I'd like to take some information from you. Will that be alright?
Rb: Yeah. Ok.
CSR: What is your name?
Rb: Rb.
CSR: What is the number of the phone you're trying to put the credit on?
Rb: 123-4567
CSR: Ok Rb. Thank you for that information. Now can you please explain to me what is happening with your phone?
Rb: I'm trying to put credit on my phone and I keep getting an error message that the PIN number is invalid.
CSR: Can you please repeat that?
Rb: I'm trying to put credit on my phone and I keep getting an error message that the PIN number is invalid.
CSR: Ok. So you're trying to put credit on your phone and you keep getting a message that the PIN number is invalid?
Rb: That's what I said.
CSR: OK Rb. Thank you for that information. Now, in order to help you, I will require some more information from you. Is that ok?
Rb: Ok.
CSR: What is your name?
Rb: Rb Br.
CSR: And what is the number of the phone you're trying to pt the credit on?
Rb: 123-4567.
CSR: And you tried putting the credit on the phone and it did not work?
Rb: Yes.
CSR. Thank you very much for that information. OK. I'm seeing here that your credit is at $XX. So,that means the credit you tried to put on your pohone did not go on.
Rb (slighly agitated): Well, that'swhatisaid!
CSR: Well, OK. SOmetimes this happens, and we suggest that you wait for at least 10 minutes to see if the credit comes on, then call back if it doesn't.
Rb: Really.
CSR: yes. Thank you for calling Claro. WQe're always happy to help you. Is there anything else I can help you with.
*Click*. Rb hangs up.

No comments: