Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

The heat is on!

When I was in Mexico experiencing teeth-chattering cold, I made a vow never to complain about the heat in Jamaica again.

Know what? This heat deserves a complaint. It's so hot in the nights! Hot days don't bother me. The sun  comes out and does its thing in the days. That's expected. What I do not expect is for the nights to be so humid and miserable.

It's not cool at all. Pun intended. I'm downing glasses of water like a camel in the Sahara. I might soon be sleeping on a bed of ice. And these headaches. This pounding in the side of my head .... a result of the heat, I'm told. Not cool either.

One day, I'll be so well-monied and travelled that I will spend my summers in cooler climates and winters in warm places. This heat is motivation to work toward that dream with renewed urgency. I am NOT about this hellish nightmarish heat.

I always tell people I prefer to be too cold than too hot. In cold, you can always add another layer to get warm, but when it's unbearably hot, the only thing left to take off is your skin! It's truly miserable.

Anyway, I'm not complaining. Not really. Just a candid observation of sorts. :)

4 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

It's been dreadfully hot here too.

Awful awful awful.

And it's only June, the rainy season here, which is supposed to be cool.

Stephen A. Bess said...

...and I'm sure that it is just as hot 1 month later. �� I have a difficult time sleeping when itbis hot too. Stay cool.

Stephen A. Bess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blogger on icedaniel.se said...

I think you mighy be right.