Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blog-A-Day Challenge Review

After blogging (more or less) faithfully for the past month, I have discovered that:

1. I like reflection. Yes, there are splashes of humour, but mostly, I think deeply, heavily. About greatness, life, dreams and inspiration.

2. It was difficult to create long posts each day. I resorted to brevity, which, at first, was lazy. Then my posts developed depth and meaning. I said in a few sentences only those things that were most essential. The posts became shorter, more substantial.

3. I can do a post every day. It is possible. I have proven it.

4. This blog is, as I am, still becoming ...

PS Happy emancipation day to Jamaicans everywhere.
Let's keep the black, green, gold flying high.
Hardships there are (black),
But the people are resilient (green)
And the sun still shines (gold).
Jamaica land we love!

4 comments:

Sam Liu said...

Beautiful self-analysis and reflection, Ruthibelle. Indeed, one must understand oneself before one can understand the world.

And I loved your description of the Jamaican flag. Truly a wonderful country, I'd love to go there some day.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Posting every day is hard work. I did it for my faith blog until I started up my writing blog and then it became too much pressure. So now I post 3 days a week for both blogs. Short posts are best anyways..for the precise reason you gave.

W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey

ruthibel said...

thank u Sammy. You're a reservoir of unending support.

@Lynda - oh I found that out the hard way. I'm about to embark on a new challenge.

Melissa B. said...

I've gone through several transformations since I started blogging. I love the outlet, and of course, the freedom.