Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Challenge Day 18: Nelson Mandela!!

I love him.

This man was - is - my hero, my role model, one of my chief motivators.

I love him.

There are a select few people in this world who I'll allow to take any prominent place in my heart, even though I've never met them. People with something special about them. People who make me take the risk of falling in love with them anyway. Nelson Mandela is one of them ...

I LOVE HIM!!

I read Fatima Meer's account of his life in her book Higher Than Hope, and I wept over those pages as I got insight into the life and mind of an icon and an inspiration. I wrote out quotes from the book. I went online and did a little research ...

The more I read, the more I loved him.

How do you keep the vision of a nation alive from the depths and darkness of a prison cell?? It takes something pretty special for a man to unjustly endure 28 years incarcerated and come out preaching a message of peace, love, respect and hope. A man like must be immortalised.

Viva Mandela.
Viva Nelson Rohlilahla Mandela.

No comments: