Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

CHIC Clothing

<<<<-This t-shirt has gotten me into more weird conversations than any other piece of clothing I own. In fact, that t-shirt inspired this concept I have of 'CHIC' clothing.

CHIC stands for Come Hither and Initiate Conversation. It's what men and women do when they read a witty message on your tee, or just like something you're wearing, and use it as an excuse or think it's an invitation to come over and strike up a convo. My 'I heart chocolate' t-shirt is a winner in that department. It just never fails. I don't think I've ever worn that tee without hearing several, I-love-chocolate-too's followed by a list of other things that the speaker loves... or doesn't love... My response, of course, is dictated by my mood, the weather, the time, dude's looks (if it's a dude), alignment of sun, stars and moon, and a host of other purely prejudiced and random things... My sis has a tee that says "I don't need your attitude, I have my own". You can imagine the sorta convos that triggers LOL. She even got the nickname 'Ms. Attitude' because of that tee, (and her attitude, cause she sure has one!)

CHIC clothing work wonders on the conversation radar. It doesn't even have to be a witty tee. It can be this hand-bag that never fails to get you a coupla compliments from both sistahs and brothahs, or those killer stilettos that just make men pause, or that shirt in that colour that everyone stops to say looks good on you... CHIC apparel just open doors for conversations with all sorts of people...

*Announcer's voice* So what are YOU waiting for? Get yourself some CHIC clothes today!! It could work wonders for you...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! CHIC clothing, huh? That's a pretty neat concept. I have this FCUK shirt that keeps getting me the evil look from old ladies and the pious type... does that count as CHIC? lol

ruthibel said...

LOL. No, I don't think so...

SimplEnigma said...

I have many CHIC pieces. I love logo tees. There's one that says
OH
RIDGE
IN
ALL
and no one can figure out what it means until they say it all at once.

There's my I Heart Bob Marley tee, which everyone wants one until they hear that it's from Catcha Fire, then the response is always "Yuh pay who much?! Yuh mussi mad!" LOL.

And there's my "Your boyfriend says hello." tee, which gay men are always asking me where I got it. LOL.

I saw a girl wearing a button on her shirt the other day that said "My dark places are fantastic." I bet she gets a lot of conversation.

ruthibel said...

Original!! Oh, I get it (took me a while, lol). And a rip-off version of a Bob Marley tee works just as fine as the real thing, so I reeely don't need to pay too much money for that...
And that girl with her fantastik dark places... heh, must be preeety interestin convos she strikes up, hehe

Anonymous said...

How about the squirrel with the gun saying 'get off my nuts?' That gets me alotta laughs...

ruthibel said...

yep, that's CHIC alright!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean... clothes that get guys gawking then talking.. lol