Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Trouble Nuh Set Like Rain?

They say trouble always comes in threes. If that's so, then I've had my full quota for the day- all in the last 10 muinutes. Yep, that's how long it took me to walk from work, to the town square to get lunch, and back.

It started with the lost $1000. I think it fell out of my pocket when I was reaching for money to pay a man for a phone card. So that's Number One.

Numbers Two and Three happened in quick sucession. I didn't realise I had lost my money til I was on the way back. When I put the box of food that I was carrying in one hand to check my pockets again (denial, I was hoping my first ten thorough searches had missed the money in some corner of my pocket-they hadn't), the gravy from my lunch box leaked out onto my clothes (off-white capris). That makes Two.

I was exclaiming over this unfortunacy when I stubbed my toe, and one of the Geenas sandals I was wearing decided to give up the ghost, and just popped. That makes Three. I had to walk barefoot back to work.

So if Trouble comes in threes, I'm punching out for the day. I think it's fair to assume that I'll have a relatively trouble-free rest of day, right?

PS "Trouble nuh set like rain" is a Jamaican proverb that translates: trouble does not set up like rain (it gives no prior warning, comes suddenly).

4 comments:

SimplEnigma said...

Oh dear...I'd have just gone home and got into bed. You deserved it. LOL.

ruthibel said...

Nope, had to head back to work and finish the work day... lol-was just one of those days...

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, the useful message

Anonymous said...

In it something is also idea good, I support.